About The Event
This workshop is co-located with the 2021 Knowledge Graph Conference.
We seek original contributions describing theoretical and practical methods and techniques for building and maintaining personal health knowledge graphs. The workshop will cover topics around data integration, data profiling, data curation, querying, knowledge discovery, ontology mapping, matching, reconciliation, machine learning approaches, and applications of personal health. We will have several invited speakers who are thought leaders in this space. Furthermore, we plan to have a panel discussion comprising experts from industry, government, and academia. In summary, the primary objectives of this workshop will be to provide a platform to discuss:
- Definitions of personal health knowledge graphs
- Opportunities for the application of personal health knowledge graphs
- Challenges of creating and maintaining a personalized health knowledge graph
- Opportunities for knowledge graph research in this space
Tuesday 4th May 2021
Call for Extended Abstracts
We invite extended abstracts that include discussions related to the following topics.
- Applications of personal health knowledge graphs
- Models to encode the relevant information in a personal health knowledge graph
- Perspectives on personal health
- Interoperability aspects when integrating personal health data from disparate sources
- Reasoning and querying over a personal health knowledge graph
- Adaptively contextualizing personal health knowledge graphs
- Techniques for keeping personal health knowledge graphs current
- Ensuring privacy and security for a personal health knowledge graph
- Real-world use cases that create or consume personal health knowledge graphs
The extended abstracts must be 1-page long (references excluded), in single-column (full page) format, with at least 1-inch margins, and font size of 11pt (times roman) or higher.
Please submit your abstracts at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=phkg2021 no later than April 16, 2021 11:59 AoE.
We have a special issue on Personal Health Knowledge Graphs of the Data Intelligence Journal published by MIT Press. The workshop paper presenters are welcome to submit to this special issue.
|Abstract Deadline||April 16, 2021 11:59 AoE
|Acceptance Notificaions||April 19, 2021 11:59 AoE|
|Workshop Presentations||May 4 2021 10:00-15:00 EST
|Extended versions of invited paper submission to the Data Intelligence Journal||Sep 30, 2021 11:59 AoE|
|Publication of the Journal special issue on Personal Health Knowledge Graphs||Mar 25, 2022|
Please click on the invited speakers' thumbnails to learn more about their talks.
*All times are in EDT.
Opening Remarks Workshop Organizers (delivered by Oshani Seneviratne)
Paper Session 1 (10 mins each including Q&A)
Chair: Marco Monti
- Weakly supervised entity linking and ontology matching to enrich patients’ rare disease coding
Hang Dong, Víctor Suárez-Paniagua, Huayu Zhang, Minhong Wang, Emma Whitfield and Honghan Wu
- Lifetime Medication Exposure, Dose and Response Nodes for Personal Health Knowledge Graphs
- The Personal Health Library: Taking EHR design to the Next Level
Nariman Ammar, Oshani Seneviratne, James E. Bailey, Robert L. Davis, Deborah McGuinness and Arash Shaban-Nejad
Paper Session 2 (10 mins each including Q&A)
Chair: Ching-Hua Chen
- A Heuristic Architecture for Federated Question Answering System for Personal Health Knowledge Graphs
Yuxuan Wang and Oshani Seneviratne
- Ontological Modeling of Enablers and Barriers to Behavior Change in Personal Health Knowledge Graphs
Tania Bailoni, Mauro Dragoni, Esteban Guerrero, Helena Lindgren and Jean-Claude Martin
Paper Session 3 (10 mins each including Q&A)
Chair: Mohammed J Zaki
- Building Mobile Personal Health Knowledge Graphs using Punya
William Van Woensel, Evan Patton, Oshani Seneviratne, Floriano Scioscia, Giuseppe Loseto and Lalana Kagal
- Towards Capturing Personas, Personal Domain Literacy and Context in Personal Health Knowledge Graphs
Daniel Gruen, Shruthi Chari, Oshani Seneviratne and Deborah L. McGuinness
- IoT and Blockchain for Personal Health Knowledge Graph Creation
Manan Shukla, Jianjing Lin and Oshani Seneviratne